WRITTEN DECEMBER 5, 2018 by @Otto Rosmarus (Walrus)
LAST EDITED: 12/05/2018 [MM/DD/YYYY]
Thank you for your interest and continued support of the International Gamers Federation!
Please note that this article only includes information about the application process for the Department of Human Services team. The link to the actual application is at the bottom of this page.
SECTION #1: BACKGROUND INFORMATION
We do our best to continually maintain a strong, consistent, informative, and fair staff team. We hold our staff to the highest standards around, and therefore we have a rigorous application process. We encourage all members to - at some point - apply to become a staff member if they meet the requirements listed below. This guide will walk you through the application process, benefits of being a staff member, and more. If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM @Otto Rosmarus (Walrus) with DOHS APP at the start of the title.
We have a six tier structure (with multiple divisions) for our DoHS team (listed in descending order below). All successful applicants start off as a Junior Support Staff and with enough experience, can work their way up the ladder - we do our best to create and maintain a dynamic atmosphere for our staff, and we recognize and reward those who work hard.
- Board of Governors
- Department Head of Human Services (aka the 'lead support of IGF')
Assistant Dept Head of H.S.[currently unoccupied]
- Senior Support Staff
- Support Staff
- Junior Support Staff
SECTION #2: REQUIREMENTS
This section outlines the requirements applicants must meet before applying. Exemptions may be made at the discretion of the Department Head of Human Services (@Otto Rosmarus (Walrus)) on a case-by-case basis. The outcome of one DoHS application should never be precedent for another.
- Applicants must be at least 15 years old at the time of application submission.
- Applicants are not required to be current IGF members but must be active on our services.
- Applicants must be able to speak fluently and write coherently in English.
- Applicants must have a working microphone and have basic understanding of how to use Teamspeak.
- Applicants must be willing if able to dedicate some of their free time to perform their duties and assist players.
- Applicants must display positive work ethic and patience. We strive on promoting and maintaining a professional, friendly discourse with our players.
SECTION #3: THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once the outlined requirements have been checked off, you are encouraged to submit an application (link at the bottom). We wish you the very best of luck. Once our team has received your application, we will notify you that it is under review. You can now sit back and wait. Our management team and other support staff members will deliberate and ultimately vote on whether you application should be approved or not.
Once a verdict is reached, the Department Head of Human Services will contact you and notify you of the outcome. If approved, we will setup a meeting with you to conduct an interview. If your app is declined, it will be archived and you will not be able to submit an application until we reset the module. This is typically done once or twice per month. Please do not contact staff questioning when the module will be reset.
SECTION #4: SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE BRIEFLY INTERVIEWED
If you are successful with the application, we will work with you to schedule a brief, informal interview to go over the application once more, get to know you better, and ask some questions. A panel of staff from your division and at least one member from the Management team will field a wide variety of questions to assess your understanding of our rules, roleplay, and more. These questions include rule interpretations, assessment of experience, possible IGR situations, roleplay scenarios, and more.
Interviews can last upwards of thirty (30) minutes, so please prepare accordingly. Support Staff interviews are much more informal compared to either Developer or Administrative position interviews.
SECTION #5: SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Be yourself - don't pretend to be someone you're not, we seriously value honesty.
- If you're not successful, please do not take it personally. We are constantly working to ensure we have the strongest, fairest, most consistent staff team around, so standards are set very high.
- Participating in events, being engaged on the forums, and socializing is a great way to get noticed by a lot of people! Don't be shy, we're all friends here! We love it when people get involved!
- Prior support experience is NOT required, we can provide training to successful applicants.
- Referrals from active staff are by no means necessary.
- Be thorough and provide as many details as possible for all answers.
I hope this gets you interested in considering a staff application. We are always looking to expand our talented team, and you might just be the newest addition. I sincerely hope you consider applying to join our staff team! I wish you the very best of luck
Have a great day!