LAST EDITED: 12/11/2018 [MM/DD/YYYY]
Thank you for your interest and continued support of the International Gamers Federation!
Please note that this article only includes information about the application process for the Department of Infrastructure team. The link to the actual application is at the bottom of this page.
SECTION #1: BACKGROUND INFORMATION
We do our best to continually maintain a strong, consistent, informative, and fair staff team. We hold our staff to the highest standards around, and therefore we have a rigorous application process. We encourage all members to - at some point - apply to become a staff member if they meet the requirements listed below. This guide will walk you through the application process, benefits of being a staff member, and more. If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM @gamerz971 with DOINF APP at the start of the title.
We have a six tier structure (with multiple divisions) for our DoINF team (listed in descending order below). All successful applicants start off as a Junior Developer and with enough experience, can work their way up the ladder - we do our best to create and maintain a dynamic atmosphere for our staff, and we recognize and reward those who work hard.
- Board of Governors
- Department Head of Infrastructure (aka the 'lead developer of IGF')
Assistant Dept Head of INF.[currently unoccupied]
- Senior Developer
- Junior Developer
- Guest Developer (not officially assigned a tag at this time).
Our developers are responsible for the maintenance of our current services and development of new scripts and features.
SECTION #2: REQUIREMENTS
This section outlines the requirements applicants must meet before applying. Exemptions may be made at the discretion of the Department Head of Infrastructure (@gamerz971) on a case-by-case basis. The outcome of one DoINF application should never be precedent for another.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old at the time of application submission.
- Applicants are not required to be current IGF members but must be active on our services.
- Applicants must be able to speak fluently and write coherently in English.
- Applicants must have a working microphone and have basic understanding of how to use Teamspeak.
- Applicants must be willing if able to dedicate some of their free time to perform their duties and assist players.
- Applicants must display positive work ethic and patience. We strive on promoting and maintaining a professional, friendly discourse with our players.
SECTION #3: THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once the outlined requirements have been checked off, you are encouraged to submit an application (link at the bottom). We wish you the very best of luck. Once our team has received your application, we will notify you that it is under review. You can now sit back and wait. Our management team and other support staff members will deliberate and ultimately vote on whether you application should be approved or not.
Once a verdict is reached, the Department Head of Infrastructure will contact you and notify you of the outcome. If approved, we will setup a meeting with you to conduct an interview. If your application is declined, it will be archived and you will not be able to submit an application until we reset the module. This is typically done once or twice per month. Please do not contact staff questioning when the module will be reset.
SECTION #4: SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE BRIEFLY INTERVIEWED
If you are successful with the application, we will work with you to schedule a panel interview to go over the application once more, get to know you better, and ask some questions. A panel of staff from your division and at least one member from the Management team will field a wide variety of questions to assess your understanding of our rules, roleplay, and more. These questions include rule interpretations, assessment of experience, possible IGR situations, roleplay scenarios, and more.
Interviews can last upwards of thirty (30) minutes, so please prepare accordingly. At the end of it, our panel will briefly debate and return with a verdict - if you're successful, you will immediately be offered a position on our staff team.
SECTION #5: SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Be yourself - don't pretend to be someone you're not, we seriously value honesty.
- If you're not successful, please do not take it personally. We are constantly working to ensure we have the strongest, fairest, most consistent staff team around, so standards are set very high.
- Participating in events, being engaged on the forums, and socializing is a great way to get noticed by a lot of people! Don't be shy, we're all friends here! We love it when people get involved!
- Referrals from active staff are by no means necessary.
- Be thorough and provide as many details as possible for all answers.
I hope this gets you interested in considering a staff application. We are always looking to expand our talented team, and you might just be the newest addition. I sincerely hope you consider applying to join our staff team! I wish you the very best of luck
Have a great day!