WRITTEN NOVEMBER 29, 2018 by @Otto Rosmarus (Walrus)
LAST EDITED: 11/29/2018 [MM/DD/YYYY]
Joining the International Gamers Federation Staff Team
Thanks for your interest in joining our renowned Staff Team! We wish you the very best!
Our incredible staff are the backbone of our community. They work together with their peers and players to create an awesome atmosphere each and every time here at IGF. We have 4 staff teams here: the Department of Justice (DoJ) is responsible for all administrative matters. The Department of Infrastructure (DoINF) is responsible for service development. The Department of Human Services (DoHS) is responsible for technical support. Finally, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DoFA) is responsible for public relations - advertising, social media promotion, etc.
One thing is for sure, our team is dedicated to making IGF the premier gaming community, and we'd love to have you join!
Stage 1: Requirements for joining the [IGF] Staff Team
We have a fairly straightforward set of requirements for applicants to meet before submitting an application to join the team.
- You must be at least 16 years old at the time of application submission.
- You must be able to write and speak English fluently.
- You must be willing (and able) to dedicate a portion of your free time to undertake your role as a Staff Member. While on duty, you must also be able to drop everything to help others if asked.
- You must be able to be active on or monitor the Forums, Teamspeak, Discord, and game servers on a regular basis.
- A positive work ethic, patience, and maturity is a necessity.
*Previous staff experience is not required, but is an asset.
*Current [IGF] staff are welcome to hold multiple staff positions (IE: developer + support)
It is recommended that applicants receive a referral from an active Staff Member before applying. This is not required, but it is recommended!
Stage 2: The Application Process
Once you have met the requirements listed above, you're now welcome to submit your application. The link to each entry position application is available below:
DEPARTMENT (team) | Entry level position | Link
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE | ArmA 3 Life or Minecraft Moderator | [INSERT LINK]
- As a moderator, you ensure players understand and follow the server rules accordingly. You answer questions to the best of your ability, and defer players to higher ranking staff if necessary. Your duties may include the following: awarding compensation, enforcing rules, answering questions, summoning players to Teamspeak, reviewing player reports, monitoring RCON, and more. Moderators do not have the ability to ban players.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES | Junior Support | [INSERT LINK]
- As a Junior Support member, you assist players with technical issues they may encounter while attempting to use our services. Your duties may include the following: creating guides/tutorials for users to follow, resolving technical issues, answering questions on Teamspeak and the Forums, conducting research to find solutions, and more.
DEPARTMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE | Junior Developer | [INSERT LINK]
- As a Junior Developer, you work to create, maintain and update our services. Under the directives of a Developer, you complete tasks assigned to you. Tasks can range from coding, testing/debugging, changelog updates, creating devblogs, and more.
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS | Content Creator | [INSERT LINK]
- As a content creator, you maintain and promote [IGF] related content. From posting on our social media pages, to running official streams, and more. Foreign Affairs staff are often the first [IGF] Staff prospective players will encounter, so professionalism, maturity, and compassion is a must.
All applications should be truthful and honest - we do our very best to be truthful, honest, and transparent with you, so please respect that and do the same for us. Providing false or misleading information on your staff application may lead to it being denied, and may potentially bar you from submitting future applications.
Always include as much detail as you can! We likely know who you are, but other staff may not, so please provide as much detail as you think is necessary.
Once you've submitted your application, active staff and the Community Management Team will carefully review it and provide feedback. Only you and other staff will be able to view your application while it is under review. This process generally takes a couple of days to complete. Once it is approved or rejected, it will be moved to the public archives. You will be notified by a member of the Community Management team once a verdict is reached.
Stage 3: Interview Panel
If your application is successful, you will be contacted once a verdict is reached to set-up an interview appointment with a small panel of staff from your chosen Department, and at least one member of the Community Management Team. We will do our best to provide you with accommodation during this time - if you need to reschedule an interview, please alert the interview panel as soon as possible.
During this interview, you will be asked a variety of questions (depending on your chosen position) related to your position and duties. All questions are fairly straightforward, and if you have studied, they should not be overly difficult to answer.
At the end of the interview, the panel will hold a quick private discussion to review the application and answers from the interview. Once they have reached their verdict, they will re-join you and deliver their response. If you are successful, you will be offered a position on the staff team in your chosen Department*. Subsequent training will be provided at your earliest convenience.
* In some cases, the panel may recommend you for a different position if they deem it necessary. This is handled on a case-by-case basis by the lead interviewer.
- Participating in events, being engaged on the forums, and socializing is a great way to get noticed by a lot of people! Don't be shy! We love it when people get involved!
- Please do not message Department or Management Staff regarding the status of your application, you will hear from us as soon as we reach a verdict.
I hope this gets you interested in considering a staff application. We are always looking to expand our talented team, and you might just be the newest addition. I sincerely hope you consider applying to join our staff team! I wish you the very best of luck