WRITTEN DECEMBER 5, 2018 by @Otto Rosmarus (Walrus)
LAST EDITED: 12/05/2018 [MM/DD/YYYY]
That's a great question!
First off, welcome to the International Gamers Federation!
So, what is an [IGF] Member & why would I want to be one?
An IGF Member is an individual who has spent some time on our servers and wants to give back or participate in exclusive discussions, closed testing, and more. Our group of members is a tightly knit community of dedicated IGF players that helps builds the foundation we're built upon. These members know the ins and outs of the International Gamers Federation, and are a very helpful resource for those starting off with us. While it is, in essence, an invite-only group, they do their best to mingle with new players and form lasting bonds. Becoming an IGF Member is your gateway to being able to apply to become a member of our fantastic staff team.
What's the difference between an [IGF] Member & a Senior [IGF] Member?
Nothing significant. The reasoning for the Senior title is to pay tribute to members who have been with us for a long time or contributed in a variety of ways. The main idea surrounding the Senior Member rank is for those members to help new players get oriented and ensure they feel welcomed into the community. That's not to say our regular members or other players will not do that (we hope they do! ), but it allows new players to find people who aren't necessarily staff (we argue some people may hesitate to go to staff for questions) who have significant experience and insight into IGF. Senior Member titles are given out by the Management Team.
How do I apply to become an [IGF] Member?
It's a pretty straight-forward process to become a member, you need to complete just two steps:
- All applicants must have an active, current [IGF] Member 'refer' you - that is, they go and throw their support behind you. They believe you'd be a good fit in our group. If you apply and do not have a referral, it will be closed.
- Once you've gotten a referral, you can submit your application here. There is no interview, just a 5-10 minute application.
Once you've submitted your application, it will become visible to our current members, and they will be able to discuss and vote on your application.
I've been referred and have applied, what now?
Nothing! You can sit back and relax while our current members discuss and vote on whether they believe you are a good fit for the group. After all, many of our members go on to become staff and represent the International Gamers Federation in the public domain. Applications are typically discussed and voted on for a few days after your submission. Once discussion starts to drop off, a member of our Management Team will count the votes, make a last call, and approve or deny the applications. If your application is approved, you'll receive a congratulations and welcome PM and be given [IGF] Member tags on our forums, Teamspeak, and Discord. This will enable you to view/enter the member only chat/voip channels, and participate in member-only discussion. If your application is denied, you will be notified by the management member that delivered the verdict, and you'll be welcomed to re-apply two weeks following your submission. You can re-apply as many times as you'd like, as long as you wait two weeks between each submission.
Each application will be moved to archives visible to all IGF members once it has been closed - regardless of whether it has been approved or deny.
Some quick notes:
- It is recommended that you do not go fishing for referrals. If you form a special bond with a member, it will come naturally - if not, drop a few hints Openly asking random members for a referral may work, but it is more likely to reflect negatively on your application.
- Participating in events, being engaged on the forums, and socializing is a great way to get noticed by a lot of members! Don't be shy!
- Please do not message management staff regarding the status of your application, you will hear from us as soon as we reach a verdict.
LINK TO MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION [COMING SOON]
We hope you consider applying to become an IGF Member! We wish you the very best of luck
Have a great day!